We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us – Joseph Campbell.
It’s tradition to buy Glamour magazine every single month, and I love reading this special Bible of mine. This month was no different, but I did find a feature article that completely resonated with me. It was written by broadcaster Lauren Laverne who expressed the nature of how both men and women are always striving to complete things – or tick things off – their Life Bucket List. She created and wrote about her Anti-Bucket List: the list of things which she has already achieved in life and wants to celebrate, as she should – as should everyone.
I, alongside Emma Gannon of Girl Lost In The City and Glamour workie, and probably lots of other people have decided to create my very own Anti-Bucket list as I’ve got a lot of things to be proud of and I’m not afraid to shout about them or show them off because as I said, I’m proud.
- I graduated with a 2:1 in English Literature & Spanish from the University of Roehampton.
- I’ve shook Jacqueline Wilson’s hand as well as had a seminar with her.
- I’ve lived in London, Spain, and Tenerife.
- All of which I went to without knowing a single person previously.
- I’ve already booked to travel around Australia next year and I’m currently working two jobs to fund it.
- I’ve been a web editor twice for two online publications.
- I’ve written for various online publications as well: HerUni, Pillow Magazine, Candid Magazine etc.
- I’ve written about my experience as a shot girl for Cosmopolitan UK – online – it received 2,000 shares in under two weeks.
- I’ve interviewed the likes of Catfish & The Bottlemen, Raffey Cassidy, Gabriella Cilmi, Andrew Geoghegan, Julia Burness, Harry Macqueen and more.
- I’ve got friends all over the world.
- I’ve been a shoulder to cry on, a girl to laugh with, the stronger person, and always been there for a friend.
- I’ve worked as a shot girl, a barmaid, an estate agent, and a shop assistant.
- I’m qualified in being able to find the right perfume for anybody.
- I’ve learnt to forgive and be forgiven.
- I’ve bought food and water for the homeless.
- I’ve taught in a Spanish primary school when I realised that teaching is definitely not for me.
- I am overly-generous at Christmas and birthdays and I don’t care.
- I’ve visited the majority of Southern Spain during my three week travels with a close friend; we went to Valencia, Córdoba, Seville, Granada, Marbella and Ibiza.
- Summer 2010 and Summer 2014 are in high competition with each other as to which is the best.
- I’ve got ten tattoos which have each been thought out and I don’t regret a single one.
I’ve met some incredible people and done some amazing things in 23 years – most only in the past five! I am incredibly lucky and I want to carry on making the best memories for myself and my loved ones, some of which and whom aren’t even featured on this little collage!
I’m excited to see what the future brings, and what else I can add to my personal anti-bucket list.
What would you put on yours?
Love, Faye x