When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in – Kristin Armstrong.
It’s the time of year when people start reflecting on the year and I’m no different. The past six months have been a whirlwind of one thing after another and I found myself in a place that was a little darker than the festive Christmas lights. Something snapped in my head this morning which has sparked this blog post. I want to start feeling positive again. The first step is to think about all the things that make me happy and to focus on those things rather than the ones that aren’t going to plan. Some things can’t be changed and some things take a different path to get to where they need to be. Right now I need to remember all the things that are incredible in my life, at this time of the year and every other time, so without rambling any more, here are twelve things (incidentally like the Twelve Days of Christmas) that I am grateful for right now…
- To have a roof over my head and live in a house that I genuinely love.
- For my friends and family who are always there no matter what.
- My parents are healthy and here.
- For my incredible childhood surrounded by a massive family and so many amazing memories.
- To be a part of my best friend’s wedding as her maid of honour.
- To have a good job that allows me to write with understanding managers and a great team of people.
- For Warren who always makes me laugh, cheers me up and puts up with my crazy mood swings.
- To have food in the cupboards and the semi-decent ability of cooking and making things.
- To have a passion that is creative and presents opportunities for the future.
- To have never wanted for anything growing up which is a privilege and something that only my mum and dad could have given me.
- To have followed my heart in the past and followed my gut when it was needed.
- For the NHS who have done more than they will ever know.
I have lots of things to be grateful for. What are you grateful for?
Love, Faye xo