It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life – Rita Rudner.
With lockdown well and truly underway, I wanted to write a fun post amongst all of the top tips that you will be engaging with about how to stay productive, which loungewear is the comfiest, and what to do to stay healthy during this time. Don’t worry, I’ll be contributing to these factors too, but for now, here’s something that I hope will make you smile, alleviate some worry or stress for approximately five or ten minutes and inspire some great memories to look back on during a time of unknown and difficulty.
As we’re inside our homes for the foreseeable, you might be spending an awful lot of time with someone you enjoy the company of, whether that’s your partner, your friends, your parents or your entire family. As time goes on, you might start to rub each other up the wrong way or you might have an absolute ball and never want to leave the house again. However you spend your time, there is always room to play an innocent game of your own… by annoying them for your own devious pleasure; the following ten things are a few ideas to get you started…
- Lock them outside (in your garden) whilst you wave innocently from behind the glass.
- Follow them round the house absolutely everywhere, even the bathroom, until you get bored.
- Press the buttons on their controller whilst they try not to die during a difficult part of their beloved game.
- Repeat their name over and over and over… and over again, and smile that smile when they’ve lost their rag.
- Scare the living daylights out of them by simply standing behind a door, around the corner, or on the stairs.
- Make a list of jobs to do in the house when they have other ideas.
- Tickle them at inconvenient times of the day i.e. conference call with work.
- Play music you know they hate at top volume.
- Place freezing hands on their skin to make them jump.
- Hide all of their prized possessions so they can’t find them.
Some of these were tried and tested during Warren’s first day at home after I’d spent a week of talking to the four walls. Please take this post with a pinch of salt. If you don’t have a partner who will laugh at these, it might not be a good idea to annoy them to the brink of insanity, but if you both love to wind each other up, this is a post for you! Be careful though, they might get their own back…
Love, Faye xo
Co-authored by Warren, xo